Monday, March 11, 2013

The Sam Ewing Interview -- Part I



TAG Interview with Sam Ewing

Find all TAG Interviews on the TAG website at this link

Sam Ewing worked in the animation business for decades, but not as an animator, writer, or board artist. Mr. Ewing was a producer and development executive for the likes of Hanna-Barbera and Saban ...

And before that, he was the go-to guy in children's programming for NBC, where he worked closely with all the major television animation studios, from H-B to FIlmation and beyond.

Mr. Ewing describes his first day as a Hanna-Barbera employee as follows:

I had been in and out of the studio many times when I worked for NBC, but the day I came to work as an employee, carrying my box of stuff, the guard stopped me at the gate and wanted to know who I was. Me walking in had never been a problem when I came in as an exec from the network, but when I started working there, it was a problem. ...

0 comments:

Site Meter